|Challenge #24 - Hyperbole
||[Dec. 16th, 2005|02:53 pm]
Write Like the Wind
People love to exaggerate. “I’ve told you a million times to sit down!” “The lecture was so boring that all one hundred people there were sound asleep.”|
Choose one (or more, if you wish) of the following situations and use hyperbole (gross exaggeration) to rephrase them in an exciting way.
Example: I had an ugly blind date last night.
Hyperbole: I had a blind date last night with Frankenstein’s sister.
1. I saw an accident involving three cars this morning.
2. It’s been raining for six days.
3. My friend ate three hot fudge sundaes.
4. I failed four tests in one day.
5. The temperature reached 102 yesterday.
6. I have a big wart on my foot.
7. My friend seems to smile a lot.
8. He strained his eyes watching television so much.
9. I’m feeling very depressed today.
10. You’re nice.
11. I grew a big lemon on my tree.
12. I had a huge party.
13. The waves at the beach were large after the storm.
14. That girl is pretty.
15. There have been many phone calls today.